Our Tech Talk free knowledge transfer session is Tuesday, January 14th at 8:00 AM. This session is designed for technical staff responsible for technical support in your organization. Attendees at our previous meetings have given us the highest ratings for the quality of our presentations. If you haven't been able to come yet, or are not sure if it is right for you, now is your chance to find out. Seating is limited, so reserve your spot as soon as you can.
The upcoming Tech Talk will continue this school year's core theme of network and endpoint security as well as timely news about updates.
Here are a few of the items that we are working on for our January meeting:
- Introduction to BitLocker - There is more and more emphasis on endpoint security. What if your laptop was stolen? What if I pulled hard drives out and connected them elsewhere? Some federal regulations require encryption so that data remains secure even if these events occur. Microsoft's solution to this is BitLocker. It comes with Windows 10 and beyond. We will talk about what it is and how to work with it.
- What is Microsoft Endpoint Manager - Microsoft has merged its cloud and on-premise management offering. This means that Microsoft Configuration Manager (aka SCCM) and InTune (their web Mobile Device Management aka MDM solution) are even happier together. Plus they have been working hard to put many of the management consoles directly into Microsoft Configuration Manager. The new name of this hybrid cloud/on-premise management platform is Microsoft Endpoint Manager. We will take a look at what it does.
- Microsoft's LDAP Security Changes Coming in March 2020 - Microsoft says it is changing LDAP security in March 2020 (postponed from January due to customer requests). We will talk about what these changes mean and how you need to reconfigure your LDAP environment to accommodate the changes.
- SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records for improved email reliability - Industry experts are increasingly warning your emails can end up in your recipient’s SPAM or Junk folders - even if you are not blacklisted - without these “extra” email identity validation records. We will talk about how to create them.
- Tech Tidbits - Our timely collection of tips and news.
- And More!
There is no cost to you for these sessions, but advanced registration is required since seating is limited. The presentations will run from 8:30 AM to approximately 12:00 PM. We have breakfast and lunch afterward for you.
To reserve a seat please contact Lisa Heinrich at email@example.com or via phone at 845-897-9480 x3215.